You only get one chance to make a great first impression.
What do employers looks for most when interviewing a candidate?
All employers are searching for the same answers in interviews. They are seeking to confirm that an applicant has the required knowledge, skill, attitude, and personality to contribute to their company culture.
- Be prepared with answers to the traditional interview questions.
- Aim for honesty and clarity.
- Be respectful and friendly to everyone you meet.
- Have a firm handshake.
- Make eye contact throughout the interview.
- Dress conservatively and appropriately for the job.
- Be specific in your answers.
- Avoid rambling or getting off target.
- Immediately send a thank you via email to everyone with whom you interviewed.
- Comment on sensitive subjects.
- Be aware of your body language such as crossing your arms in front of you.
- Wearing excessive or flashy jewelry.
- Do not chew gum.
- Turn your cell phone completely off.