10 Incentive Ideas for Short-term Employees
What do you do to encourage your short-term employees to perform their best on the job? While many companies have long-term employee bonus programs or incentive offers, many do not implement short-term employee opportunities fearing these are too expensive or limiting. However, doing so could boost productivity and enable you to choose the right employees to hang on to long term.
Top Incentives for Short Term Employees
Short-term employees deserve a pat on the back for a job well done. The following are some of the best ways you can reward these employees for the job they do for you.
1. Gift incentives work well for these employees. Purchase gift cards or even small tokens of thanks. You can use them as incentives for meeting goals or for fun contests. Those who reach a set objective, earn a gift.
2. A simple, straightforward bonus can work, too. A percentage of earned sales commission or another bonus structure provides a benefit to the employee. Most people respond well to this type of financial gain structure.
3. Time off incentives can work as well, if they fit your business model. Having just a few hours off with pay (rather than days or weeks) can show your appreciation for the employee that achieves goals.
4. Team-oriented programs can also help. The key here is to ensure that the group is working as a team and, if so, the group earns recognition of some type for doing so. This encourages teamwork.
5. Non-monetary incentives can be highly effective. Sometimes, just putting out a suggestion box and allowing employees to vote on an incentive can help motivate your team.
6. Simple things, such as having pizza for lunch or getting a birthday cake for the employee working on his or her birthday, go a long way for many employees. They should that the company does care about them, even if they are just short-term employees.
7. Flexible schedules can be a big plus. For example, if your employees need a day off due to a family event or perhaps a child’s school function, giving it to them will allow the employee to feel appreciated. They may not be paid for this time off, but it still offers them the flexibility to choose what is right for their needs.
8. Provide learning experiences. This costs your business nothing but allows an employee to learn something new that could help them in the future with your company or another company. For example, you may allow them to work with another team to learn a new skill if they complete the assigned skills first.
9. Allow the employee to use creativity and skills to do the job the way they want to after they have mastered it your way. As long as it is within the guidelines you set forth, giving them this incentive will help encourage the employee.
10. Show appreciation. A simple “thank you” can be the most valued form of incentive. By showing that you appreciate the work they do with a handshake and a sincere smile, you will be giving the employee everything he or she needs to succeed.
Short-term employee incentives are incredibly helpful in improving productivity and giving people what they long for the most – appreciation. Invest time in these programs to make your work atmosphere more enjoyable.
For additional ideas to make your workplace happier and more productive, please contact the career experts at Accent Hiring Group today!
We Welcome You to Accent Hiring Group’s New Blog
ACCENT’ Hiring Group is very pleased to welcome you to our brand new blog and social media presence!
To help you become familiar with ACCENT’ Hiring Group, we’d like to tell you a little more about our agency and how we can help you achieve more this year in your career. As a female-owned and operated business, local to the Scottsdale, Arizona area, we are dedicated to helping both companies and candidates alike find success in several ways. We specialize in the placement of high quality administrative, accounting and finance, IT and Technical, Human Resources, Management, and Sales/Marketing professionals in and around the Scottsdale areas.
The areas our expert team of recruiters focus on include:
- Direct Hire Placement
- Payroll Services
- No-Risk Hiring
As a staffing agency with over 60 years in the business, we are dedicated to helping Arizona businesses succeed, even in the midst of an uncertain economic climate. We have a serious commitment to doing what we do – better. You can count on us for a wide variety of staffing services, from direct-hire placement to temporary and contract assignments. We’ll do what’s needed to help you keep up with changes in your workforce. We even have a unique business referral network, which is focused on helping small to medium sized businesses connect in meaningful ways. All of these things can help your business flourish and grow.
Please feel free to subscribe to our RSS blog feeds here as we share helpful tips, advice and secrets of staying ahead as a business in the coming year!